It’s time for the Club’s annual Quiz Evening with soup and sherry, but in a new format that will hopefully add more fun to the event. It will happen in our usual meeting hall in the Fernkloof Reserve, on Wednesday 20 July at 18:00.
The most important changes are:
- Teams of six people will be put together in such a way that each team will have at least two experienced birders;
- Each team may bring along and use books, cellphones etc. to find answers to the questions, although the time will be restricted; and
- Members will be welcomed with a glass of sherry or soft drink on arrival, and the quiz will be followed by soup and a glass of wine or soft drink.
In addition to these changes, a team from BirdLife Overberg , the other local bird club, will take part. This follows the participation of a Hermanus Bird Club team in BirdLife Overberg’s annual fun quiz this week.
- The next monthly walk will be at Jessie and Ian Walton’s farm in the Elgin Valley, on Thursday 4 August.
- The next monthly meeting will be addressed by Mike Ford on his adventures in the United States, with the title “Banding in canyon land”.